Where can I take my Christmas tree?
Anoka County Compost Sites are open Saturdays, 9-1 p.m., December through March. There is no fee for Christmas tree disposal. Call 763-324-3400 for more information.
Do you offer a spring clean-up day?
Yes, we offer a spring recycling day every year, usually on the 3rd Saturday in April. View our city newsletter closer to that time for the exact date and location. Lexington residents can bring their items from 8 a.m. to noon on the recycling day. Items accepted include:
- Appliances (fee)
- Cell phones
- Computers/Electronics/TVs (fee)
- Fluorescent bulbs (fee)
- Furniture/household goods - usable and in good condition
- Motor vehicle batteries
- Printer cartridges
- Rechargeable batteries
- Scrap metal - remove all non-metal material
- Tires (fee)
What is your water quality like?
Please view a copy of our current water quality report HERE .
What items are recyclable?
Residents can recycle the following materials at curbside:
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil - wipe off food debris
- Glass - food/beverage, bottles & jars - please rinse
- Paper -
- mail, office & school papers
- magazines & catalogs
- newspapers & inserts
- phone books
- shredded paper in closed paper bags
- cardboard boxes
- cereal, cracker, pasta & cake mix boxes
- shoe boxes, gift boxes & electronics boxes
- boxes from toothpaste, medications & other toiletries
- paper towel & toilet paper cores
- NO PACKAGING FROM REFRIGERATED OR MICROWAVEABLE PRODUCTS SUCH AS FROZEN ENTREES.
- Plastic - #1 & #2 containers with a neck and a screw-on lid. No fertilizer, pesticide chemical, or automotive fluid containers - please rinse and throw away lid. NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- Steel food cans - please rinse
When is recycling picked up?
Recycling is available to all residents living in single family homes, apartments, town-homes, and condominiums through their garbage hauler. Recyclables are collected curbside every other week, the same days as garbage removal. Set recyclables at the curb by 7 a.m. Place recycling containers at least 4 feet away from garbage cans. During snow season, please keep garbage and recycling containers away from the pathway of the plow. Call your hauler to obtain a recycling cart.
Where can I recycle fluorescent bulbs?
Bring hazardous waste to Anoka County's Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
Where can I recycle used oil?
Contact the Recycling and Resources Solutions part of the Anoka County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Click Here to go to the website, or Call 763-324-3400.
Where do I bring household hazardous waste?
Hazardous waste is anything labeled flammable, corrosive, or toxic that has caution, warning and/or danger on the label. Bring hazardous waste to Anoka County's Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
Where is the nearest compost site?
There are two compost sites near our community. Visit the Anoka county website for directions and hours. Both of these sites accept tree waste. Charges do apply. Sites are open April - November, weather permitting.
Who is my refuse hauler and how do I contact them?
Residents can contact one of four garbage haulers that are licensed within the City:
- Ace Solid Waste | 763-427-3110
- Republic Services | 952-941-5174
- Walter's Recycling & Refuse | 763-780-8464
- Waste Management | 952-890-1100
Recycling can be arranged with Lexington's Recycling Coordinator
. Contact her for more information.